Please visit our website (kenings.co.za) or call our offices (021 555 9561) to book your vehicle.
You can pay for your rental in advance or you can pay for your rental when you are collecting your vehicle.
The great thing about renting from Kenings is that we are not overly strict in our rental requirements.
To rent a vehicle from Kenings, you need to have a valid driver’s licence and a credit card that is in the name of the person picking up the vehicle.
You need to bring your valid driver’s license as well as your ID.
Kenings requires a credit card to hold the excess deposit on the credit card in case something happens to the vehicle while in your possession.
Yes, our rental agents will gladly assist you with changes, such as adding a driver, upgrading to better insurance or changing your drop-off time.
Yes, we have representatives that will be able to collect or deliver the vehicle to you outside business hours.
Our Kenings representatives are devoted to returning the deposit to you as soon as possible but with unexpected delays, it may take up to 14 to 21 working days.
Kenings tries to make it as easy as possible for you to receive your vehicle. You have several choices:
• You can collect your vehicle from our offices
• We deliver the vehicle to you at your hotel, guest house, bed and breakfast, or home.
• We meet and greet you, in our Kenings uniform with a name board, at the following airports:
• Cape Town International Airport
• R Tambo International Airport
• Lanseria International Airport
• Johannesburg Rand Airport
• Johannesburg Kempton Park
• King Shaka International Airport
• East London Airport
• Port Elizabeth Airport
• Mthatha Airport
In the unfortunate event of an accident, remember the following guidelines:
• Take care of/ get help for the injured.
• Do not admit liability.
• Take down all the particulars of the other driver/s or persons/witnesses involved
• Name, Identification No, Vehicle Registration, Insurance Details, and Contact Details.
• Notify Kenings immediately.
• Do not have the vehicle towed away unless authorized by Kenings.
• Report the incident immediately to the South African Police – make sure to obtain a Police case number.
• Complete and submit the Kenings Accident Claim Form upon returning the vehicle to Kenings or at the time a replacement vehicle is provided.
• Document administration fee – applicable for all rentals.
• One-way drop-off fee – when a vehicle is returned to a different depot.
• Delivery/ Collection fee – applicable if the vehicle needs to be delivered or collected to or from the client and is more than the following radius of our depots: Cape Town – 10 km, Johannesburg – 10 km.
• Excess liability – in the event of damage or loss of the vehicle.
• Child seat rentals
• Traffic Fine Administration fee – for redirecting a fine into the renter’s name.
• Claim Handling Fee
• Damages that are not covered by the excess.
• Roof rack, tow bars (certain vehicles).
Yes, you may return your vehicle later than the agreed time. Please call our offices prior to your return time to inform us what time will suit you better.
Rental days are calculated on a 24-hour basis, with no grace period.
No, there will be no administrative fees when you make changes to your booking however some changes may cause an increased rental price such as changing your return date to a later date or upgrading your vehicle
Roof Racks, Mobile Wi-Fi, Baby Seats, GPS, Golf Trailer, and Bicycle Racks.
Kenings has an automated system with the SANRAL website where we receive all the E-tolls for our vehicles, the amount for E-tolls will be added to your invoice. We do not charge an administrative fee for E-tolls.
Kenings will keep all belongings that were left behind in the vehicle at their offices for the renter to collect. Please be advised that renters are responsible for their belongings and Kenings does not take responsibility for personal items or belongings.
Kenings representative will redirect fines to the clients that received a fine and an administrative fee (Fine Handling Fee) will be added to the client’s invoice.
Clients will be charged a valet fee in the event that the interior of the vehicle has been spoiled, stained, or marked or if the vehicle smells like tobacco.